So far I’ve been mainly working on the final all week for school, I’ve ran into a few issues and fixed them over. The biggest problem my assignment had for the past few weeks was the color scheme. I have a really hard time with colors because I always keep thinking about what I thought looks nice instead of what everyone else thinks looks nice.
This is what I initially had in mind when I was first working on the website, it had an aqua to light green background, the logo and the links were all in line in the header with a useless yellow bar underneath with a wide canary yellow footer. I must admit that I really didn’t put into a lot of thought when I was first designing the site, so I started digging my heels even further and created this:
Here on the revised website the entire color scheme had changed with a dark to ashy blue background. The logo was changed from canary yellow to white, all the links are placed right underneath the logo, the text and links where changed from aqua to gray and the content boxes were changed from the canary yellow color to black I’ve decided to still forgo the traditional maroon, gold and brown for theater related websites because it reminded me too much of traditional broadway based theater. I also removed the large clunky footer on the bottom and stretched the content area more to make it go right down the page, making the website more streamlined.
What made a major difference for the website was changing around the colors of site. I didn’t really have any thought when I was first working on the site, I just kind of threw everything together to see what would of happened. I’m glad that it’s starting to turn out well, either I left it as it was before and get (yet another) C or improve it more and receive either an A- or a B. I’m still working on it more, so that it will be complete by next week and due in the following week. So far I did the link header and had the content section go down the page. Now all I really need to do for it is to separate the title from the content and to fix up some smaller things and by then it will be done. Hopefully I’ll even get an A+ after working on all of this…